Title: Health Information Operations Supervisor
Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Marshfield, WI
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST (M-F)
- Tasks: Leading Team, Monitor Performance Metrics, Training, Scheduling, Account Management.
- Required Experience: Leadership, Customer Service, Business Management, Healthcare Knowledge, Understanding of HIPAA requirements for releasing medical records.
The Health Information Operations Supervisor is responsible for client/customer service and serves as a knowledge expert for the HIS staff. The role focuses on front line People management and training, as well as ensuring processes are completed in compliance with established guidelines. This role may also assist leadership with planning, developing, and implementing departmental or regional projects. This role provides support to Health Information Operations Manager. The Health Information Operations Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining workflow and productivity of HIS's as well as Handling escalated situations and driving a positive work environment. The Health Information Operations Supervisor will also assist in the new hire process, meeting with clients, and developing staff at multiple sites.
- Lead recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of HIS staff at site.
- Maintain confidentiality and security with all privileged information.
- Maintain working knowledge of Company and facility software.
- Adhere to the Company's and Customer facilities Code of Conduct and policies.
- Inform manager of work, site difficulties, and/or fluctuating volumes.
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
- Consistent application of medical privacy regulations to guard against unauthorized disclosure.
- Responsible for managing patient health records.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Lead training of associates in the HIS positions.
- Generates reports for manager or facility as directed.
- Participates in project teams and committees to advance operational Strategies and initiatives as needed.
- Manage HIS staff for further professional development.
- Inform senior leadership of issues, opportunities, or challenges.
- Assist throughout the region with training and/or coverage as needed.
- Assist with Quality Assurance tasks as directed by management.
- Maintain overall workflow.
- Assist with escalated situations.
- May participate in meetings with HIMDs.
- Responsible for Corrective Action Plans and development of staff.
- Update Standard Operating Procedures at sites as needed.
- Handle various tasks as directed by their Health Information Operations Manager.
- Lead Quality Assurance efforts.
- Manage time tracking within time tracking and payroll approval system.
- Handle above tasks between multiple sites.
- Coordinates with site/client management on complex issues.
- Acts in a lead role with staff regarding general questions and new hire training and developmental training.
- Available to staff for questions and training. Develop workflow.
- Knowledge expert for HIS staff and acts on behalf of Health Information Operations Manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to commute between locations as needed.
- Able to work overtime during peak seasons when required.
- 1-year Health Information related experience. 2+ years preferred.
- Meets and/or exceeds Company’s Productivity Standards.
- Demonstrated ability or experience in leading employees and processes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable utilizing phones, fax machine, printers, and other general office equipment on a regular basis.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Detail and quality oriented as it relates to accurate and compliant information for medical records.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Previous production/metric-based work experience preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision responding to changing priorities and role needs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Presentation skills for small group settings.
- Forward thinking and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to build relationships with on-site clients and customers.
- Comfortable bringing new ideas, process improvement suggestions, and feedback to internal stakeholders.
- Able to delegate effectively.