State entity seeking a School Liaison & Operations Manager!
The School Liaison and Operations Manager works collaboratively with the Project Manager and District Office departments, school leaders, school-based staff, students, and families to support the design and implementation of the schools’ COVID-19 testing program. This position will be responsible for leading the testing strategy for all Hawaii’s schools from Kindergarten through Grade 12. The manager will interface with testing team members at each school to ensure a safe and efficient testing flow. They will serve as a point of contact for school offices, school administrators, and contracted testing companies for the testing site operation planning and inquiries and oversee daily operations of COVID-19 testing program.
This position will supervise a team responsible for developing and implementing Hawaii’s COVID-19 K-12 school testing program (including vendor contracts, reporting, technical assistance, and communications) and ensure program goals are met. This position will coordinate across DOE and DOH with relevant teams related to the guidance, communications, and funding of the program.
- Oversees health and safety coordinators and manages relationships with external stakeholders of the program
- Works with Project Manager on data and report fulfilment
- Documents procedures and processes.
- Establishes schedules and check-ins with team members and ensuring appropriate monitoring of attendance and performance.
- Identifies and investigates operational inefficiencies and issues and obtains relevant data regarding the nature and scope of these problems
- Makes recommendations for resolving operating problems
- Liaises with appropriate internal and external departments to facilitate solutions
- Timely response to issues at COVID-19 testing sites and appropriate escalation of issues to appropriate team leads
- Extracts and analyzes performance and testing data to inform continuous quality improvement for testing site operations
- Coordinates with facilities, ETS/IT, supply chain, and safety to follow established processes, resolving problems, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Develops and maintains collaborative and effective working relationships with a variety of individuals, groups, and organizations
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in relevant specific area of expertise (public health, project management, or health care related field) plus 4-6+ years of relevant professional experience (Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience)
- Previous experience in large public health projects and understanding of the Hawaii public and private school systems preferred
- Experience with program or project management and managing teams is preferred
- Knowledge of data analysis, testing program or project management, and strong customer service experience are strongly desired
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment, possess strong organizational skills, work under minimal supervision, and troubleshoot/trace unexpected obstacles
- Candidate must be able to provide reliable internet connection for their home office, cell phone for communication and reliable transportation for school visits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience managing high-profile programs in government, public health, health care or related fields preferred