Remedy is now hiring a Sr Shipping Specialist!
- Performs tasks involved in stockroom receiving, storing, distributing, and shipping materials parts supplies, and equipment.
- Unpacks incoming items; checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary.
- Maintains records of received and shipping goods for final shipment.
- Maintains and procures shipping supplies when needed.
- Responsible for shipping domestic and international.
- Building of shipping crates when needed.
- Maintains shipping schedule by coordinating with all departments to ensure on time delivery schedules are met.
- Resolves shipping issues by researching product on database.
- Work with Freight Forwarders/Brokers to ensure shipments are not detained in Customs.
- Determines method of shipment by examining items to be shipped and time of shipment and reviewing customer order/customer PO or any documents attached to the customer order relevant to method of packing and shipping.
- Follow all regulatory guidelines with respect to Hazardous Goods transportation for international shipments.
- Review new RFQ’s and customer documentation prior to quote to ensure Shipping can meet the customer’s requirements.
- Create Air Way Bill for shipments using the most cost effective method while still maintaining a good on time delivery status.
- Work with Export/Import Compliance to ensure correct Tariff codes are gathered in situations where they have not been updated in IFS or items not covered in IFS. (Non-inventory items)
- Handle “Critical” shipment logistics for rush or emergency shipments (May require off hours intervention)
- Process international shipments through ACE, (Automated Commercial Environment), to ensure shipments are properly registered with the CBP, (Customs & Border Patrol)
- Work with the Import/Export Compliance
- Work with Planning/CPA/FQA to monitor and track lines in forecast for the month.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ years on the job shipping/receiving experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience with basic hand tools and carpenter’s equipment
- Experience with International shipments
- Experience with UPS and FedEx software systems
- Import/Export experience preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with little or no notice of overtime when needed
- Computer Literate
- Working knowledge of MSOffice programs, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good shop math skills
- Scheduling skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
APPLY TODAY for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for our Sr Shipping Specialist job!
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!