Remedy is now hiring a New Product Development Engineer II
The main purpose of this position is to support the design, development and construction of new innovative electrical and/or fiber optic connectors for the subsea market.
- Primary responsibilities include the execution of custom subsea interconnect solutions. These projects will range from large-scale systems to component level solutions and will consist of all fiber, all electrical, and/or hybrid combinations of both.
- Responsibilities may also include designing high voltage connectors for power applications in subsea pumps, water injection and separation systems.
- Works with reliability engineering and is a member or leader of a team which is directly responsible for designing highly reliable connectors; electrical or fiber, with life expectancies of 30 years or greater.
- This position requires multi-tasking several projects simultaneously. These projects will range from high voltage (3,000 volts or greater), signal & communication interconnects, and/or fiber optic transmission.
- Support all NPD initiatives and develop new applications requiring appreciable ingenuity and originality.
- Regularly interfaces with customers to assist in the development of various subsea products and/or components to meet their specifications.
- Regularly interfaces with customers to develop business in new and existing markets.
- Generate, review and approve supporting documentation for designs including assembly drawings, detail drawings, and assembly/test procedures utilizing personal CAD skills as well as TOG’s drafting and Documentation Departments.
- Generate, review and approve documentation related specifically to NPD, such as test plans, qualification reports and customer requested reports.
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing and other departments, as required.
- Assists in creation of proposals for funded NPD, considering actions related to product development based upon customer specifications.
- Works with the NPD Technical Manager or NPD Director to coordinate activities of other engineers and designers.
- Coordinate projects with account managers, TOG project managers and customer project managers.
- Occasionally shall be required to use PowerPoint to prepare and present technical information with internal and external audiences.
- PACE project technical leadership. The NPD II Engineer shall be mentored in this role by a Senior NPD Engineer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by NPD Technical Manager or NPD Director.
Education and Experience
- BSME, or other related engineering degree (Master’s preferred)
- 5-7years experience in research and development. Internship experience would also be considered for partial fulfillment of this experience requirement
- Experience in connector design environment is preferred
- Experience in subsea engineering is preferred
- Experience in project leadership/management is desirable
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of electrical control systems and fiber optics strongly desirable
- Working knowledge of CAD (AutoCad and SolidWorks preferred)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in high growth, fast paced environment
- Ability to understand conceptual designs and add value by creating new design concepts. Assist in steering product team into selection of superior design concepts.
- Ability to perform basic and advanced mechanical or electrical design analysis to ensure that new designs adhere to sound engineering design principles.
- Ability to utilize MRP system for advanced purposes – running reports, document creation and modification, material tracking.
- Proficient in utilization of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficient using MS Project
APPLY TODAY for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for our New Product Development Engineer II job!
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply!