Local company looking for a Night Transportation Supervisor!
- Plans, organizes, and manages the work of staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a consistent manner
- Recommends new hires, promotions, terminations, and transfers for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the workforce
- Responds to emergency situations during and after standard hours for the purpose of resolving safety concerns
- Directs activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking delivery vehicles
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations
- Facilitates and/or participates in meetings and workshops for the purpose of identifying issues and developing recommendations
- Conducts and/or attends routine Driver and Safety meetings
- Adheres to all Federal and State driver guidelines
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; counseling employee and addressing complaints
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration and/or 5-8+ years of delivery route experience and familiarity with local roadways
- 1+ years of distribution or warehouse experience, preferably in food service
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally
- Must have the ability to calmly and efficiently handle customer complaints, order discrepancies, and picking/loading errors
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License, preferably Class A or B.
- Must possess a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate (PUC Card)
- Must possess a clean traffic abstract
- Must be able to successfully complete in-house forklift certification test
- Frequently required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
Pay: $47,000 -$60,000, depending on experience