Remedy Professional Placements is seeking a Product Development Engineer for a client in the Blauvelt, NY area. The Product Development Engineer will manage the product design, prototyping and testing in a high paced manufacturing environment optimizing processes to ensure maximum product quality and customer satisfaction. Additionally, they will ensure all item formulations and records are maintained and updated. This position reports directly to the company Vice President of Operations.
- Design, develop, and test processes for producing prototypes and long-term production of products.
- Define quality control criteria and safety guidelines.
- Test products and processes and evaluate results to identify problems and estimate cost of resolutions.
- Produce detailed designs and/or CAD drawings, acting as technical expert on products and processes.
- Analyze and improve existing processes and products, including updating documentation.
- Train production personnel in the use of new equipment, tooling or process improvements.
- Improve machine operating efficiencies and product quality thru DOE.
- Optimize process operating conditions to achieve maximum production performance.
- Create and maintain updated records for all items, including formulations, BOM, packaging, etc.
- BS degree in Engineering
- Six sigma and or project management credentials preferred.
- Previous product development and manufacturing experience in plastics (5-10 years).
- Proven track record of implementing improvements to products and processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
- Previous experience with blown film extrusion.
- Good communicator with all levels of the organization.
- Computer Literate (Excel, Word, AutoCAD/Solid Works, ERP systems