Remedy Staffing is looking for Assemblers in the Binghamton area!
An assembler is responsible of the assembly of large and small complex parts from start to finish using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures and work instructions. It is detail oriented; works in a team environment and it is able to stand for long periods of time.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of operations involving the manufacture of simple to complex mechanical metal assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Ensures quality requirements are verified and maintained using scales, calipers and micrometers.
- Use of high level mechanical aptitude and competency in assemblies.
- Experience with Riveting and Glue Assemblies.
- Conduct and perfect manufacturing caulking techniques
- Build to productivity and quality goals.
- Assemble components and finished goods to product specifications.
- Ability to interpret product diagrams/blueprints
- Diagnose and troubleshoot defects and errors in mechanical components.
- Execute root cause analysis and implement corrective action.
- Identify and solve problems related to broken mechanical products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED Diploma.
- Minimum 2 year Work Experience in a related field.
- Ability to read blueprints and other product specification documents in English.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools, air tools, and torque specs.
- Ability to use measuring instruments (Micrometers – Calipers); preferred.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Great communication and organizational skills.
- Positive Attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and work independently.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position will work in a manufacturing setting with exposure to heavy equipment, machinery, and related noise levels. Position will be primarily working in a standing position for up to 6 plus hours per day. Some duties will require sitting for short periods of time. Must be capable of lifting 0-25lbs. in the proper ergonomic position.