Remedy Staffing is hiring an Accounts Payable Clerk for a well-known food manufacturer in Avon, NY!
Job Summary: The Accounts Payable Specialist reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for the processing of the company’s merchandise and service invoices for payment to vendors in a timely fashion while taking full advantage of any applicable discounts. The individual will also analyze and resolve problems on invoices with the help of internal departments.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Match and compare purchase orders and receiving documents to vendor invoices, investigate discrepancies and prepare documents for data entry
- Perform weekly check runs and prepare ACH payments
- Reconciliation of vendor statements to accounts payable subsidiary ledger
- Maintain check log daily to monitor disbursement transactions
- Daily clearing of cashed checks and reconciliation of outstanding checks to the general ledger
- Maintain various spreadsheets used in tax filing and other management reporting
- Perform various month end duties
Apply today at remedystaffing.com or call 585-226-6090 with any questions!
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma with 2-3 years experience in Accounts Payable
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with fellow associates, management, outside agencies and vendors
- Associates degree in accounting
- Previous experience within the food service industry
- Regularly required to sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk/hear
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Vision abilities such as close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color