Remedy Professional Placements is seeking a Buyer 1 for a manufacturing company in Norfolk Virginia. Join the team centric company today!
Manages the purchasing functions. Negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by the company. Provides support to production scheduling on all material flow issues to meet production schedules and customer requirements. Interface with Production & Planning Departments on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments. Leads and directs the work of other department members.
1. Negotiates with vendors for good and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
2. Establishes purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
3. Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
4. Examines bids and makes awards.
5. Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
6. Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers.
7. Works closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived.
8. Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
9. Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws.
10. Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
11. Communicate with raw material suppliers to ensure accurate receipt of goods date.
12. Negotiate FOB terms.
13. Closely monitor oversea shipment container ETA’s.