*This is a direct hire position*
The MTS Technician is responsible for providing technical support to the manufacturing organization. This position provides support to Plant Operations by installing, repairing and maintaining production equipment throughout the plant. The Technician will be responsible for equipment maintenance, on-the-floor troubleshooting and project engineering support. He or she will be accountable to the team members for removing obstacles, solving problems, and helping achieve their performance results. The qualified individual will act as a technical resource to help achieve manufacturing goals in the areas of safety, cost, quality and service to customers.
Essential Functions, Key Tasks, & Responsibilities:(include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Identifies safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building's staff and occupants work in a safe environment.
- Troubleshoots electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems to the faulty component. Also Troubleshoots - including (but not limited to); A/C and DC Motors, Motor Starters, PLCs and VFDs.
- Maintain, modify, and troubleshoot compressor test stands, chillers, and cooling towers.
- Implements processes as defined by manufacturing engineering
- Install, maintain, and modify, piping systems, pumps, and valves.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using volt meter, Megger and other test equipment under the instruction of the Technical Services Supervisor.
- Analyzes test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Repairs and maintains Fanuc/ABB Robotics and CNC Machines, including DMG Mori Machining Centers.
- Completes assigned Preventative Maintenance actions in a timely manner. Logs completion status and work history into PM system.
- Installs and maintains hydraulic circuits in industrial equipment, including hoses, relief valves, proportional valves and other hydraulic components.
- Participates in and provides input into root cause failure analysis investigations
- Repairs and maintains the operating condition of all industrial production equipment, including Test
- Stands and devices used to move, lift or convey product
- Behaves ethically and responsively. Models company's “Behaviors in Action” and supports the core values of the organization.
- Conforms to all process, quality, and EH&S standards and ensures compliance.
- Works independently with little direct supervision. Executes all assigned tasks safely, timely, and without supervisory follow-up.
- Works effectively with the MTS team and Operations team to achieve desired results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 2 years hands-on industrial maintenance or commercial service experience required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel..
- Experience reading precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, levels, lasers, etc.