Don't be a fool and skip over this job! We are hiring a Logistics Coordinator for our client in Hilliard, OH!
This is a contract to hire position that could net you big pay, bigger title and so much more! KEEP READING FOR MORE DETAIL!
This position is responsible for specific customer(s) assigned by Logistics Supervisor and coordinates efforts of production departments, determines logistic support sequences and time phasing, and directly interfaces with automotive customers. Analyzes production commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities from prototype stage to mass production through the end of product life.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with necessary personnel within the CLIENT group as well as customers to resolve logistical & material flow issues and to carry out goals and targets given.
Receive mass production, service, and prototype orders from customers.
- Attend and lead meetings as needed.
Obtain customer demand and forecast information to ensure importation or entry into the company ERP system for use by Production Control and any other related personnel.
Monitor customer forecast activity in order to challenge variations in customer demand as needed.
Coordinate delivery issues of automotive program launch
- Ensure entry into our ERP system.
- Coordinate EDI transactions and resolve EDI errors.
- Monitor production, inventory levels, and material flow.
- Ensure 100% on time delivery.
- Maintain records of shipments.
Coordinate automotive mass production build out.
- Interface with prototype and new model buyers of customers as assigned.
- Support sales in entry of new parts into the company ERP system.
- Interface with Furukawa plants and customers to support trial events.
Learn and master specific customer requirements related to delivery and order processing. Advocate for the customer by communicating customer requirements.
Update department standards and job instructions and submit for management approval to improve efficiency and effectiveness of same.
Follow up, track, record, and share information relating to quality and design change activity in order to coordinate with related personnel to produce desired results.
Interface with US Customs to support importation of international shipments.
Arrange for related Pass Through Parts procurement by issuing Purchase Requisitions to Purchasing and tracking timely receipt of the purchase order.
Prepare and possibly present monthly and weekly activity report for requested information and data in specified format to General Manager of Sales, Marketing and Michigan Operations.
Follow up customer claims and complaints and suggest as well as implement corrective action plans and countermeasures.
Responsible to compile, analyze and report various data requests through various means including spreadsheets, charts and graphs upon request.
Assist in the warehouse as needed.
Any other duties and projects as needed/assigned.
- Interface with customer parts procurement Furukawa production control departments in order to reduce or eliminate obsolescence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Understanding of the automotive industry including terminology.
- Understanding of the basics of international business flow and documentation requirements.
- Ability to utilize EDI (Electronic Data Interchange).
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in MS Office and experience using accounting and inventory management software preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-year college degree or equivalent
- 4 years’ experience in the automotive industry or adequate experience in logistics, purchasing, operations and material control applicable to the position.