Recreation Counselor - Summer Camp Support Staff
We are actively seeking creative, energetic, and enthusiastic professionals for several temporary After School Support Staff and Recreational Counselor rolls at a summer/afterschool program in Fort Myers. There are full and part time positions available, in both the daytime and afternoon programs. Under the general direction of the Program Coordinator, the Recreational Counselors and Support Staff are responsible foremost for assisting with the safety and engagement of participants. In addition, our Recreational Counselors' expectations are to be active and attentive to the guidelines and needs of both the academic and recreational elements of the program. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to, activity facilitation, instructional support, daily reporting, processing of registration, cash handling, customer service, miscellaneous paperwork, general clean up, and set up. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Assist with the active engagement of participants in educational and recreational programs, and or activities.
- Assist with the execution of programs/lessons as assigned.
- Plan interactive activities for groups as assigned.
- Must have excellent behavior management skills and provide positive communication between parents and staff.
- Assist in the preparation, organization, and use of instructional aids, materials, and technology as directed.
- Provide information and instruction to clients with respect to buildings, facilities, and programs.
- Processing class registrations, record maintenance, and general cleanup is expected.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- This position requires regular and reliable attendance and the employee's physical presence at the workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skill to make sound judgment.
- Skilled to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Ability to operate necessary equipment including but not limited to, sporting equipment, computer, telephone, facsimile machine and copier.
- Ability to work in heat, humidity, and cool environment
- May be a student currently enrolled in high school in pursuit of a high school diploma.
- Six (6) months experience working with children, education or recreation; and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Mandatory Drug/Alcohol Testing required.
- Must obtain CPR, AED and First Aid Training Certification within twelve months of hire date.
- When assigned to working around Youth, must meet the Department of Children and Families (DCF) requirements and inspections.
- Bilingual Helpful (Spanish and/or Creole) but not necessary
Successful completion of Department of Children and Families (DCF) childcare competency training Part I required within ninety (90) days of hire or promotion; remaining Parts within one (1) year of hire or promotion; and annual in-service.
- High School diploma/GED preferred