Local organization seeking an IT Help Desk Specialist!
- Plans and coordinates the deployment and set up of new computer desktops and laptops
- Assists supervisor to schedule and organize computer images, update and enhance computer applications
- Provide help desk support for computer hardware, and some database support/development
- Acts as the first point of contact for support requests
- Assists with supporting local and remote users with workstations, laptops, and servers
- Installs, configures, and troubleshoots workstations, laptops, and servers
- Assists with providing intermediate systems administration for uninterrupted information technology support
- Supports senior IT staff in security, systems administration, and infrastructure support
- Administers policies and procedures related to system security, client and server access, Cloud based services, scaling and replication, Active Directory, Exchange LDAP, firewalls, VPN, secure remote access, Internet access, virus protection, security filtering, data center planning, security/access control, and all system updates, maintenance, and monitoring
- Trains and assists customers with application support issues
- Assists with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of physical and virtual servers storage units, and networking hardware
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years of experience in information technology help desk support/environment or systems administration.
- Working knowledge of information technology industry standards and knowledge in network operating systems (e.g., Windows, MAC, IOS, Android, LINUX, UNIX) and a firm understanding of data applications, maintenance, and storage systems, web design, and related hardware/software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs