Remedy Staffing is looking for an Outside Services Coordinator in the Syracuse area
Starting pay $20/hour
Responsible for conducting, coordinating, and implementing all outsourced production activities/contract including quoting and impacting the ARM end part costing and margin analysis and establishes strategic outsourced production related quotes, contracts, and processes and procedures. Maintains relationship with vendors or suppliers and negotiates contracts for major purchases. Evaluates and analyzes purchasing trend and price trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs. Conducts extensive quoting including but not limited to volume price negotiations, obtaining multiple external source quotes, comparing quotes, and setting goals for price reductions to be gained in the external quoting process. Provides feedback to the Business Development Manager and plans strategy to increase margin for the part(s) being quoted for client to produce a part(s) order for our external customers(s).
- Tracks the production jobs from creation to completion being the main contact between the vendor/intercompany sites and the plant.
- Adheres to purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Negotiates best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Allocates materials to jobs and orders materials as needed.
- Develops strategic and implements strategic priorities to cultivate and grow external key customer relationships among others.
- Maintain and organize all shipping and billing related data for externally produced production from external vendors.
- Maintain customer order (for example, orders to external production vendors) information in the Syteline system or other applicable database while keeping it current and accurate.
- Review and ensures NDA documents are in place prior to sending parts to an external vendor and ensuring that said vendor(s) comply with NDA.
- Reconciles outsourced production vendor expense reports and ensures they reflect the agreed upon quote rates.
- Purchases the external production vendor uses highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts so as to not unnecessarily inflate charges to ARM..
- Prepares purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Researches and evaluate outside production vendors based on price, quality, location service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Analyzes price proposals and quotes, financial external vendor reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Monitors shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes as requested.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories as requested.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers' plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices.
- Arrange the payment of duty and freight charges and ensure that the outside vendor pays for the applicable and agreed upon shipping terms.
- Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased if requested.
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
- Adheres to all safety policies and practices, consistently uses personal protective equipment, and practices good housekeeping.
- Maintains regular on time attendance and adheres to company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Proactively supports the ISO process approach to quality management and the Syteline MIS system. Applies classroom and on the job post training information, knowledge, skills, and abilities consistently in a quality oriented manner (wherein the KSAs are part of the jobs tasks, duties and other tasks as requested).
- Performs other tasks as directed.
Educational, Experience Based, and Skill Qualifications:
- B.A. in Business Administration and 3 years of experience in a medium to high volume outside production services quoting or purchasing capacity required, BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration desirable.
- Experience in high volume high dollar value outsourced production processes and tight deadlines.
- Proven working experience as purchasing/outsourced production services specialist or coordinator.
- Familiarity with outsourcing production processes to third party vendors, parts sourcing, and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating process, terms, and conditions.
- Knowledge of data analysis and purchasing best practices
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access) purchasing software and ERP programs such as but not limited to Syteline or SAP.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment. Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment to achieve goals. Dynamic outside the box mentality with an entrepreneurial spirit and critical problem-solving skills. Congenial demeanor and solutions oriented approach toward co-workers and customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical abilities and good organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Verbal Communication, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Ability to walk, remain on feet for extended time periods, reach, stoop. Kneel and lift up to and including 35 pounds as needed. Visual abilities and manual dexterity.