Remedy Staffing is looking for a CMM Programmer
Mon-Fri 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Starting at $22/hour
A CMM Programmer will perform and program CMM dimensional and visual inspections and the associated quality reports on patterns, castings, machined metal and plastic parts for workmanship and conformance to design documentation in 2d or 3D format. Requirements are to be interpreted from design / process drawings, procedures and specifications. Data analyzed from these inspection operations are documented in quality and non-conformance reports.
- Maintain quality departmental documentation, in written and computer formats, supporting inspection, certification reviews and nonconformance reporting.
- Using CMM and/or hand devices such as verniers, calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, height gauges, fixtures, etc. performs first article and first piece inspection as appropriate of patterns, castings, machined metal and plastic parts of complex geometries using customer supplied prints and some CAD interpretation.
- Programs CMM.
- Performs close tolerance dimensional checks using high complexity prints and a thorough knowledge of GD&T
- Independently sets-up, programs and operates CMM for complex parts and programs CMMs for repeated inspection of parts as required
- Completes 100% inspection reports on first run machined parts and CTFs
- Exercises independent judgment to determine methods for inspection technique and maintains part inspection programs to assure they are to current print requirements
- Performs shrink checks on all fabricated or purchased SLA models and records in Living History
- Calibrates shop and personal tools
- Participates in MRB and Job Launch meetings, recording and distributing minutes and action items. Assists in engineering, transfers brown mark-up and creates
- overlays of files
- Identifies and trains a back-up and oversees, directs or trains other inspectors as
- Meets quality and quantity standards for the position
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs..
- Adheres to all safety policies and practices, consistently uses personal protective equipment, and practices good housekeeping.
- Maintains regular on time attendance and adheres to company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Proactively supports the ISO process approach to quality management and the Syteline MIS system.
- Applies classroom and on the job post training information, knowledge, skills, and abilities consistently in a quality oriented manner (wherein the KSAs are part of the jobs tasks, duties and other tasks as requested).
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- A.S. in Mechanical Technology or equivalent with an educational background in CMM programming and at least one (1) plus year(s) experience programming a CMM with basic GD & T (2) knowledge and Level 3 PC DIMIS CAD or equivalent program knowledge or one (1) plus years of experience in a Quality Inspection Layout capacity with experience programming and conducting dimensional inspections using CMM and PCMM equipment – knowledge of PC-DMIS, Polyworks, Solidworks, CATIA or other similar software including basic CAD skills related to import/export of file formats supporting these devices (at or with the ability to gain level one (1) knowledge and expertise) is preferred; other formats may be considered based on industry experience and product type, standard precision measuring equipment [surface plate / 2D height gage layout, calipers, micrometers, functional gages, etc.] visual inspection techniques, basic shop math, geometry and trigonometry preferably in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, military and industrial specifications / standards; a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M and/or Y14.41
- Proficiency in verbal and written technical communication, and able to work from written or verbal instructions; basic computer skills [PC] with proficiency in MS Office software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Conceptual Skills, Verbal Communication, Attention to Detail
Ability to walk, remain on feet for extended time periods, reach, stoop. Kneel and lift up to and including 35 pounds as needed. Visual abilities and capable of lifting, maneuvering, assembling/using 3D measure equipment