Warehouse Management Systems / Technical Systems Manager in Johnstown, Ohio
Direct Hire Opportunity
Salary: $60K - $65K or higher depending on experience
The WMS/Technology Systems Manager provides technical support and integration for our Client’s distribution center(s) and office support systems, and integration with other company software systems. This position acts as a project manager focused on leveraging technology for the operational efficiencies of related inter-departmental systems. The WMS/Technology Systems Manager also assists a larger team to manage and implement complex technology projects. Continuously supports our Client’s Employee Personal Practice Policy.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Acts as the primary technical liaison between the company and the vendor for its warehouse management systems. Training, version testing, incident resolution, enhancement and workflow requests, facilitation of and assistance with report writing, schedule of upgrades, and DC advocacy.
- Maintains accounts, security, workflows, secure network connectivity, software, and hardware of warehouse management systems and office operating systems.
- Acts as subject matter expert for the technical operation of the distribution center(s) warehouse systems.
- Provides technical and integration support for systems.
- Assists cross-functional departments with workflow design, systems integration, streamlined data entry, and paperless document management for all technology related operations.
- Maintains and improves the Organizations use of identity and access management.
- Oversees technical and training aspects of Distribution center(s) Internet and Intranet
- Leads project management for the integration of Client ERP & our Client’s operational systems as assigned by the Solutions Design Team.
- Ensures regularly scheduled technical maintenance tasks related to the distribution center(s) integrated technical systems are accomplished on time.
- Interacts and negotiates with vendors to secure system-related products and services.
- Provides leadership, supervision, evaluation, coordination, and training for End Users and System support specialists.
- Provides coverage and support for the Distribution Center(s) as outlined and dictated by the key account contracts.
Candidate must have current experience with computers and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment. Experience with WMS is a must, preferably Red Prairie (JDA) and or PKMS. Candidate should be proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel. Networking, mobile device management, printer hardware and SQL knowledge are vital. Strong organization and prioritization skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a minimum of five years of experience with systems, integration and project management or relevant work experience.
- Experience managing technical projects utilizing project management strategies.
- Experience facilitating successful teams and supervising staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and related database integrations.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office and Cloud based tools for productivity tasks.
- Experience with project reporting metrics, word processing, spreadsheets, flowcharting applications, and project management software.
- Experience with hardware, software or issue troubleshooting and resolution protocols.
- Experience with and ability to master multiple computer programs, systems, and software packages.
- Experience in workflow management utilizing SharePoint.
- Experience in automating a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Proficiency in technical writing
APPLY TODAY! www.remedystaffing.com
Members of the Military and Veterans Encouraged to Apply
Other Duties May Include:
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- Recommends strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and anticipating system and operational requirements.
- Leads cross-functional inter-department process re-engineering teams for continuous improvement efforts involving technical workflows and systems integration by defining systemic problems based upon identifying and validating the key organizational requirements and our Client’s priorities.
- Evaluates potential technological solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source options, to ensure that they meet client requirements and lead to systemic improvement and a simplification of the of our Client’s operations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and quality and procedure manuals
Math: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Frequently stands, sits, & handling required
Lift/Carry Requirements/Push/Pull Requirements:
Lift 10 pounds or less & push / pull 12 pounds or less
Other Physical Requirements:
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (within normal range)
Sense of Touch
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required when in the warehouse areas. PPE will include closed toed shoes and reflective vests along with any other necessary protection. Temperatures in the warehouse can range a great deal from season to season.