We are currently hiring for a Merchandising Assistant to work at a beverage company in Fort Myers. A Merchandising Assistant uses their own vehicle to meat and assist Drivers with Marketing and delivers/ sets up promotion items and displays in account locations in order to attract attention to the company’s beverages. Merchandising assistants also rotate product using first in-first out rotation standards, fill shelves and coolers, build displays in order to ensure customer satisfaction in all accounts. This position is great for a people person that likes to stay physically active through the workday and is detail oriented.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment, independently and as and effective team member.
- Able to provide courteous and timely service to customers and maintain and consistently positive attitude while on the job.
- Able to interact positively and effectively with various types of people.
- Able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions as well as listen actively to others’ directions.
- Able to work constructively under stress and pressure, prioritize tasks and time to ensure completion of all daily projects
- Able to maintain order and cleanliness of product and materials while maintaining high work standards in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to regularly unload product (case of beer), which averages to 30 lbs., but can weigh up to a maximum of 49 lbs. from delivery vehicle and transport into customer accounts.
- Requires ability to move easily around account premises in order to inventory current stock levels and display P.O.S.
- Able to rotate product in coolers and on shelves and maneuver a two-wheel dolly effectively.
- Valid Class E driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
- Must use own means of transportation (i.e., vehicle) to get from account to account in order to service customer accounts/venues.
This position is at a location that requires pre employment Background Check (7 yrs.) and drug screening.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Some previous merchandising, sales, promotions or stocking experience desired.
- Retail store and/or Warehouse environment.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures, fumes, noise, dusty conditions, outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions.
- Bilingual helpful but not necessary.