Remedy staffing is looking for a material handler in the Geneva area!
Pay rate: $16/HR!
The individual will partner with the Warehouse and Logistics team to perform a variety of coordinated activities that will work to build on our production, quality, and safety goals for the process line. This individual will need to be comfortable operating and troubleshooting equipment used during daily manufacturing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
• Must maintain safe work environment by consistently wearing proper PPE, performing safe work behaviors and by communicating any and all safety concerns to supervisor.
• Handles, moves, and packs products and materials
• Operates equipment and mechanized devices, running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving forklifts
• Uses either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes
• Inspects equipment, materials, and products to identify the cause of errors, problems, or defects
• Judge quality of product and adjusts accordingly
• Associate regularly walks throughout the shift to run quality checks, pack product, break out co-workers, and to move from task to task
• Performs other function as needed
• Ability to use a tape measure, air nail gun, hammer, bander, packing machines, forklift, overhead crane, micrometers, and glass cutters.
• Ability to effectively communicate information to supervisors and co-workers in a professional manner.
• Attention to detail to ensure quality product and thoroughness in completing work tasks
• May be required to lift up to 50 pounds. May also be required to lift up to 35 pounds while twisting at the waist level on a repetitive basis while packing product
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work in dependently with minimal supervision.
Rotational shifts: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off. 3 days off when transitioning from nights to days / days to nights. (Per