Remedy Staffing is hiring a Warehouse Receiving Lead for a leading distributor of plumbing and electrical supplies in Rochester, NY!
We are looking for high performers who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, and ambitious team players. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with superb judgment and communication skills, a commitment to excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Inspect product deliveries for damages and ascertain product is within specification of internal Purchase Order.
- Receive, inspect, inventory, document, and store shipments.
- Oversee data system for storage and tracking of goods and shipments.
- Communicate with suppliers, receivers, and staff for smooth shipment.
- Stage loading and unloading areas with appropriate equipment, materials, and space.
- Oversee receiving and other warehouse processes and personnel to make sure work meets quality standards and is performed according to established procedures.
- Provide training of current and new employees in all appropriate procedures and processes required to complete work assignments.
- Provide daily work assignments to staff and work with managers and other supervisors to coordinate personnel and resources as necessary to complete all work scheduled for department.
- Assist with the development, revision and enforcement of inventory management and procedures including record keeping, work instructions, and other standard operational and work practices, as necessary.
- Operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to safely move parts to proper locations and load and unload steel trucks, as necessary.
- Oversee the receipt of purchased goods verifying counts and quality, complete transactions to receive product, process paperwork and complete all necessary transactions according to established procedures.
- Work closely with receiving clerk, completing tasks as needed.
- Investigate all discrepancies, resolve & log mistakes, and coach receivers to improve performance.
- Locate product to the appropriate areas according to procedure.
- Inspect freight upon arrival, document any signs of damage, and resolve freight claims in a timely manner.
- Visually monitor inventory levels and communicate low levels to buyers, schedulers, and others as necessary.
- Complete inventory transactions to receive, assign location and issue inventory as required.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Apply today at remedystaffing.com or call 585-226-6090 with any questions!
- 3-5 years of shipping, receiving, order selection, packing and/or stocking of products is required. Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Willing and able to operate material handling equipment.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple issues at the same time, without stress.
- Flexibility with schedule, as overtime is frequent for A and B shifts. C shift rarely requires overtime.
- Must have reliable daily transportation to branch location.
- Forklift training preferred, but not required. We provide internal training for all warehouse employees.
- Product knowledge with plumbing, HVAC, and electrical material highly desired.