Remedy Staffing is hiring Warehouse Workers for a growing plumbing and electronics warehouse in Rochester, NY!
Daily Job Functions
A. Receiving responsibility
- Assist in the unloading of all trucks
- Move flow through transfers for other branches to the appropriate holding area
- Verify inbound product is correct and receive into SHIMS
- Replenish product into correct locations as quickly as possible
- When applicable, rotate stock for FIFO. This includes Liberty, American Standard furnaces and AC units, water heaters and all items that require the recording of serial numbers.
- Communicate with shipping supervisor when branch transfers have been received.
- Review new items with supervisor to insure location knowledge and accuracy.
- Monitor water and replenish as needed in all electrical equipment batteries.
B. Receiving process
- Verify quantity and product is correct
- Inspect product for damage and or defect.
- Note all discrepancies accordingly on the bill of lading and document on the Receiving Discrepancy Report.Process into the system and turn paperwork into receiving office for scanning.
- When quantity is incorrect receiver must receive only quantity that was shipped and notate on product line on the right hand side of paperwork.
- When item is shipped incorrectly receiver must zero receive the item, write the correct part number and quantity on the pick ticket and receive into the system.
- Replenish primary location first then secondary location with all labels or part numbers exposed.
C. Receiving Discrepancy
- When a branch ships the incorrect product on a transfer it is the receiver’s responsibility to notify the sending branch of the mistake.
- Receiver must also notify the transfer writer of the mistake so that the correct product can be reordered.
- Participate in the Company’s Safety Program as deemed necessary
- Reports or corrects unsafe working conditions; makes recommendations and/or improves safety and security procedures. Enforces safety regulations and procedures.
- Attends and/or conducts Monthly Safety Meetings
- Safety training and mentoring of others
Service to Internal Customers
- The internal customer is anyone in the organization who at any time is dependent on anyone else within the organization to perform their job efficiently and effectively. With regard to this position its internal customers are: Purchasing, Inside and Outside Sales, transfer personnel, Inventory Control and Branch Management.
Apply today at remedystaffing.com or call 585-226-6090 with any questions!