Remedy Professional Placement is hiring for our locally owned client in Virginia Beach a Cost Accountant to join their Accounting team. This is the ideal opportunity for a candidate that is organized, detail oriented, self-accountable and driven to meet deadlines. This employee-oriented company is looking for a cost accountant that is focused and team oriented to join their dynamic environment.
The Cost Accountant will be directly responsible for product costing and analysis, inventory reporting and analysis, account reconciliations for inventory accounts, analyzing variances and determining root cause as well as other ad-hoc requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, analyze and evaluate data to determine costs of business activity.
- Overseeing annual physical inventory for our Branch locations.
- Responsible for data management and reporting for commission system.
- Prepare Quick Books and Power BI reports.
- Participate in the month-end closing process by preparing/entering journal entries for inventory and cost of goods accounts.
- Reconcile perpetual to GL inventory balances.
- Conduct Inbound/outbound freight and inventory analysis.
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Prepare data for and work with outside auditors regarding inventory.
- Compile cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
- Monitor and analyze inventory transactions for accuracy.
- Proactive analysis of margin variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management.
- Look for opportunities to cut costs in the manufacturing process and work with other departments to initiate improvements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in systems/financial analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative on all accounting functions relevant to position.
- Microsoft Office required, including intermediate Excel skills.
- QuickBooks and Retail Pro experience preferred.
- PowerBI is preferred.
- Self-directed and detail oriented
- Able to multi-task and collaborate effectively