Production Associate - Industrial Bakery
Full-Time/ 2nd Shift / Monday – Sunday / 2:30 AM – 12:00 PM
We are currently hiring for an experience Production, Bakery, or Food Service Worker for a Production Associate position at a production bakery in East Fort Myers. This position supports the Production Topping areas as well as Processing and Packaging, by assisting with the fallowing duties in a rotational basis: Packer, Orientor, Case Packer, Topping Supplier, Work in Process Supplier, Case Erector, and Palletizer. This position requires associates be able to work Weekends and overtime when needed.
- Ensures bagel halves are appropriately placed on the shell conveyor as needed.
- Packer - Places product in the product tray in a consistent manner ensuring the appropriate amount of product is assigned to each tray.
- Work in Process Supplier - Provides a constant supply of product to the processing line.
- Case Former - ensures an adequate supply of cases are formed and supplied to the line.
- Case Packer - Inserts finished product into the master case.
- Performs product rework as necessary.
- Ensure good housekeeping in production area.
- Follow Safety Guidelines in accordance with Safe Practices and Job Safety Analysis. Participates in the
- Work Safe Process.
- Follows Good Manufacturing Practices.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Responsible for adhering to FSQ guidelines and supporting the overall QRMP process.
- One or more years of Production, Food Service or Bakery experience.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate basic job procedures that have been established for each work area.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, bend, and push and pull carts.
- Ability to work in a cold environment, 40 – 45 (usually closer to 55) degrees F.
- Ability to rotate through all positions in the department.
- Ability to grasp objects with both hands.
- Ability to stand for a period up to 10 hours or more per day.
- Ability to work on a high-speed production line equipment.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work overtime, as required.
- Ability to work in a warm environment, 75-95 (Usually closer to 55) degrees F, on an as needed basis.
- Ability to work Weekends when required.
- This position is at a location that requires all associates chosen for this position to submit to and pass a background check and drug screening.