A Technology Consultant delivers tiered support onsite, remotely and/or via telephone for product applications, installation and use, including software application and setup; troubleshoots issues and implements corrective action for customer network systems in the Network Operations Center
Required Technical Skills:
- Detailed knowledge of the specifications of servers and installations (i.e., Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016);
- Knowledge of other network operating systems desired (e.g., SCO Unix, Linux, Ubuntu, Redhat etc.);
- Detailed knowledge of firewalls (i.e., Fortigate, SonicWALL, Cisco, NETGEAR Prosafe) and the firewall access control lists that make them work.
- Detailed knowledge of Email systems, including Microsoft 365
- Detailed knowledge of database technologies and SQL (e.g., be able to back up a database and SQL maintenance plans).
- Detailed knowledge of network infrastructures, including but not limited to: IPv4 networking, routing, manageable switches, firewalls, NAS devices, iSCSI, Windows domains, SMB sharing and wireless networking;
- Detailed knowledge of monitoring servers and network equipment, including but not limited to: remote access, SNMP, email alerting and Windows event log.
- High level of proficiency in supporting and configuring desktop applications, including but not limited to:
- Windows operating systems (Win7 to current
- Mac OSX;
- Knowledge of Linux Desktop is a plus;
- Microsoft Office and 365 Office Aps
- Adobe Acrobat (creator and reader);
- Secure communications (e.g. encrypting emails, files and internet web sites).
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements: