Remedy Staffing is looking for a Maintenance Technician in the Ithaca, NY area!
Shift: (3:30pm - 12am) training on 1st Shift (7am - 3pm)
PRIMARY JOB DESCRIPTION, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair equipment, components and systems. *Respond promptly to all maintenance calls when required and/or requested.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and facilities.
- Maintain facility operations through the monitoring and repair of various mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, equipment and controls.
- Perform assigned preventative and scheduled maintenance tasks on equipment and machinery.
- Install, start and test and operate all new manufacturing equipment and systems.
- Responds to and corrects equipment stoppage and mechanical breakdown in a timely fashion.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and replaces defective parts. Makes required parts when feasible.
- Maintain clean work environment; remove items not needed for current maintenance, arrange and label needed items so that they are easy to use, find and put away.
- Sweep and mop floors, wipe off machinery, and clean area once repairs are made.
- Obtain needed supplies; communicate with the Supply Attendant when materials are needed, request spare parts and supplies when needed to maintain, repair and improve equipment efficiency.
- Perform building grounds and maintenance repairs.
- Practices and complies with all safety and quality procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- 3-5 years experience in equipment maintenance and operation
- Mechanical or Electrical background a plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite-- Word & Excel
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of electronics a plus
- Mechanical aptitude and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret written instructions and preform tasks indicated
- Attention to detail