New 1st Shift Patient Service Representative in Buffalo NY!
Temp to Hire!
Pay is $14- $16/HR!
The Patient Service Representative performs a variety of duties to accommodate and support visitors to the Immediate Care facility. The Patient Services Representative provides direct assistance to patients in verifying demographic and personal information for all who present for treatment. They are the initial point of contact for all visitors in facility!
- Represents company by displaying a respectful and caring manner with patients and their families.
- Interacts calmly, respectfully and in a friendly manner with other representatives of services at facility. Assists in clerical duties as needed, functioning as a member of the health care team.
- Participates in development and implementation of general policies and procedures to provide for the physical and emotional comfort and safety of patients. Maintains competence through continuing education and in-service training.
- Verifies patient demographics, current insurance, and obtains patient consent to treat to ensure accurate billing. Assists patients with various forms, and obtains insurance waiver signatures as necessary.
- Performs a variety of duties involved in greeting and directing patients, their families, vendors, pharmaceutical representatives, and other business associates. Provides information to patients and their families on such matters as services, charges and routine treatment procedures.
- Answers telephone, takes messages, transfers calls and provides information to other departments upon request. Problem solves and utilizes resources to obtain patient information when patient is unable to communicate, seeking assistance as needed.
- Accepts packages and deliveries from outside and inside sources, directing and distributing or sorting as needed.
- Processes appropriate forms, and copies insurance card information to ensure accurate billing and medical record information. Receive payments on patient accounts; compares cash receipts and payments in balancing daily receipts, logging and securing payments according to policy.
- Assists in compilation of data for regular and special reports as requested by the Site Administrator and other management personnel.
- Assists other departments as needed, including Occupational Health, Legal and Corporate.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in related field preferred, minimum of High School diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year in previous customer service related position required.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a medical office/clinic environment preferred
- 1 year prior experience in Occupation Medicine and experience in conducting drug screens preferred.
- Current BLS validation preferred
- Prior experience with electronic medical records and HealtheNet preferred