Penn Yan company looking for a candidate to assemble large bus parts using hand and power tools.
1st Shift - 6am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday
1st shift $15.07
HSD or GED required.
Must be able to follow directions and work at a steady pace.
Must be able to lift and work with other team members
Construction experience a plus
1. Performs a broad range of assembly and installation tasks.
2. May perform assembly and installation work directly on the bus, or indirectly on the bus.
3. Uses and maintains all of the safety and personal protective devices that are required in the performance of the various tasks that he/she performs.
4. Maintains all tools and equipment that he/she uses in good operating order.
5. Carries out all tasks that are assigned by his/her supervisor for which he/she is qualified.
1. Refers to the production worker order to verify chassis model and to determine dismantling procedures and bus building requirements for stations 1 and 3.
2. Covers the windshield and dashboard with protective material, and removes windshield wipers, sun visors, floor mats and other specified dashboard components. Sometimes removes the entire dashboard. Catalogues the items by work order number (bus number) for future use, boxes the materials and delivers them to the sub assembly station.
3. Drills holes and installs plus plugs where specified.
4. Relocates the chassis ground wire.
5. Sets a template over the cab roof, marks an outline for the removal of the roof and passenger doorframe. Uses the template to drill specified holes in the cab and doorframe areas, and then uses a chisel and saw to cut out the un-needed roof and doorframe sections. Trims the cut edges, removes tendrils and discards the scrap.
6. Shortens chassis fuel hose in accordance with engineering specifications.
7. Installs heater shut-off valves and caps off hoses.
Apply Today to get your Career Started!!