Summary of Position:
As a member of the Inventory Control Team, this position will report to the Inventory Control Supervisor and will work closely with new product development, purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure new items are set up correctly and bill of material changes or creations are accurate and completed timely.
The person in this role will also be responsible for inventory accuracy and adherence to the controls that are in place, as well as for validating and addressing Receiving and Purchasing inconsistencies and working to find solutions.
Additionally, this position requires detailed reviews and auditing of all inventory transactions as directed, to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and assisting with inventory audits to confirm physical inventories.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine and evaluate current processes regarding inventory movement through JD Edwards and RF Smart scanning system and producing reports and results to management
- Update, create, and maintain items and bill of materials in the operating system.
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the cycle count program, to include researching and correcting discrepancies with all inventory movements and reconciliation in JD Edwards
- Process inventory adjustments as needed
- Work with OS&D team to perform Inventory adjustments when required
- Run reports to review warehouse location for accuracy
- Cycle count big ticket packaging items; reconcile and adjust when needed
- Perform cross-functional duties, such as receiving, picking, and ship confirmations, etc.
- Review LIPS production
- Process Green and WIP counts
- Review data entry of all raw material and WIP downgrades
- Run and distribute reports for Logistics (negative inventory, POP report, in-transit, shipping discrepancies, etc.); review inventory transactions
- Verify updates of Cycle Counts; notify users of exceptions
- Audit bin reports, roaster batches, and yard inventories
- Supply report data as needed; prepare key performance indicators
- Assist in gathering details for financial reporting and manufacturing reviews
- Assist in physical inventories
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; AA/AS, BA/BS or some college preferred
- 0-3 years of experience related to inventory control
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines and priorities
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, ability to provide accurate, timely, courteous, and professional communication, with a strong desire to reach resolutions
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and Outlook
- Must demonstrate skills and ability with JD Edwards or comparable warehouse management system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills