Remedy Professional Placements is seeking a Full Time Collections Specialist with a background in the commercial logistics industry. Our client is a very well established global transportation organization.
Responsible for payment collections to ensure all past due amounts are collected while preventing the aging of current balances. Responsible for all customer communications (including dunning, refunds and statements) and dispute resolution to ensure all customer portfolios are in compliance with established payment and credit terms.
- Supports cash flow target by ensuring that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that customer accounts are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Serve as main contact on all accounting aspects of the customer’s account.
- Reviews all customer AR balances to ensure billing/invoice and payment accuracy.
- Contact Customers to pursue for payment.
- Reduce percentages of A/R over 30 days past due and ensure all balances over 90 days past due are escalated.
- Identify all payment discrepancies and obtain remittance details from customers or internal departments to ensure prompt resolution of residual balances and act as Liaison between customer and Dispute team to facilitate timely resolution and payment.
- Work with Customer Service to determine how to meet customer needs that are outside our normal AOR and Perform manual processes.
- Encourage customer to utilize credits. Coordinate refund.
- Coordinate dunning process.
- Provide the Credit and Collection management staff with regular input on all account activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
- Minimum of three years of collections/AR experience
- Strong knowledge of commercial collections experience
- Experience in the Shipping Industry - preferred
- Accounting software - SAP knowledge in FI/CO and MM modules - preferred
- Very Strong Excel Skills
- Team player, Quality oriented, Proactivity, Customer service approach
Location: Norfolk, Virginia