Great opportunity in Tonawanda - Mechanical Technicians Needed!!!
Assembles sets up, operates sub-assemblies and final assemblies to verify functioning machine capabilities as well as conformance to customer's specifications.
- Fit and assemble components according to assembly blueprints, manuals, engineering memos, sketches
- Verify conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers
- Lay out locations then drill and tap on metal, plastic and polycarbonate materials Test the operation of completed assemblies by hand
- Form/fasten piping, fixtures, as well as other attachments required to service the machines with air, water and oil
- Install wiring and electrical components to specifications
- Adherence to company policies and ISO Standards
- Provide assistance in all departments as required by management
- Knowledge of machine construction to construct, rework, and repair machines / equipment using hand and power tools
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical / pneumatic blueprints
- Ability to read and comprehend micrometers, dial indicators, veneer calipers (basic inspection tools)
- Ability to set up and operate metal working machinery such as a Bridgeport Mill, Manual Lathes as well as Vertical and Horizontal band saws
- Basic computer knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 2+ years in a related position
- High School Diploma