NOW HIRING TOOL MAKER ON 2ND SHIFT IN DELAND, FL
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform direct labor tasks as assigned.
- Produce tools, dies, and parts of machines used to manufacture product.
- build and repair cutting and shaping devices for machine tools, devices that guide the cutting tools (jigs), and devices that firmly hold the metal being cut (fixtures).
- Make and repair gauges and other measuring devices.
- Hands-on troubleshooter for equipment and production problems.
- Evaluate existing processes for potential improvements.
- Produce prototypes as assigned/required.
- Prepare and maintain records as required.
- Maintain accurate records, logs and collect any necessary data for use by Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of toolmaking experience.
- Proficient in mathematics, reading blueprints and doing precise handwork.