This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment in a forklift position.
Shift/Hours: 1st shift, 7:00am - 3:30pm
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Accurately stage and sort products for loading
- Loads and unloads trailers
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and complies with all safety requirements
- Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
- Move materials within the warehouse
- Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
- Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system
- Quality control
- Ensure damaged products are identified and removed when received
- Complete daily logs
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
- Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
Qualified applicants will be able to:
• Must have previous verifiable forklift experience in both stand up and sit-down vehicles and be able to pass client interview / evaluation. The client will certify.
• Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and walk in high traffic areas
• Work overtime as assigned
• Maintain good attendance and be seeking full time employment with a growing company
• Able to work a flexible schedule in times of increased production
• Willing to work with flexible start / end times. Depending on production, the shift schedule may fluctuate.
All military and veterans are welcome to apply!
#RemedyStaffing #CedarRapidsJobs #Forklift