Remedy Intelligent Staffing is looking for hard working individuals for a growing manufacturing company located in the Worthington area.
1st / Contract to hire / Columbus North / $15.50
Our client is growing fast, as it is one of the world's best applied minerals companies.
You will make tools, applications and components out of diamonds...yes, I said diamonds!
- 1st Shift 6:30 am - 3:00 pm-Monday- Friday
- Immediate access to health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Employer contribution to benefit packages
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Referral bonuses
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit or Pay Card
- Free Online Skill Training/Certification
- Long term to hire careers
- And much more!
Machine Operators work with heavy machinery from setup to operation. Machine operators might work with computer-controlled equipment or more mechanically based machines to make sure they are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product. Machine operators make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output. Machine operators may work on many different machines, or specialize on one complex machine. They are builders, fabricators, mechanics, craftsmen and quality assurance all wrapped into one.
- Independent, safe, responsible operation of all the equipment necessary to produce super abrasives and related products within specified work assignment.
- Operate automated machinery, presses, lathes, mills, furnaces, wire EDMs, and robotic equipment.
- Operate chemical processing equipment and handle hazardous chemicals.
- Perform hand assemblies of product, blends, sieved material, and other as required.
- Operate and interpret results from measuring tools, gauges, scales, microscopes, go/no go gauges, and visual standards.
- Perform minor tooling changes, setup and troubleshooting on production equipment.
- Assist area experts in completing higher difficulty tooling setup, changeovers and troubleshooting.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks including lubrication, filter changes, equipment cleanliness, and other as necessary.
Interested in joining our Team? APPLY NOW!
Job Skills and requirements
- Math Skills: Good math skills will help machine operators understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving Skills: Machine operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Attention to Detail: Machine operators will work with precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Mechanical and Technical Skills: Some machines are controlled by computers.
- Stamina: Machine operators often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
- Analytical Skills: Machine operators will need to read and understand blueprints, schematics, models and other specifications.