Remedy Staffing is hiring Warehouse Associates for a heating and air conditioning company in Avon, NY!
Summary: The Warehouse Associate operates an industrial Motorized Pallet Jack to pick up product throughout the warehouse, place it on skids/pallets, or racks and stage them at the loading docks ready to be loaded on trailers and shipped to the customer. Operators are required to follow established Company policies and procedures for the safe operation of Powered Industrial Trucks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, understand and follow the Company’s Powered Industrial Truck Safety Program
- Move controls, devices, and levers to drive mobile equipment to transfer materials between unloading, processing, loading, and storage areas
- Organize and secure stored materials such as boxes, pallets, etc.
- Perform routine pre-operation inspection to ensure safe condition of mobile equipment
- Report to supervisor any damage to racks, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards
- Weigh products or materials, and record weight and required product information on the proper labels, tags or forms
- Completes the required documents to accurately reflect inventory movements and transactions
- Keep the assigned warehouse area clean and orderly
- Complete forklift operator training provided by the Company
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor
Apply today at remedystaffing.com or call 585-226-6090 with any questions.
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to read labels and numbers.
- Ability to operate safely in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to stand and drive a lift truck for extended periods.
- Good hand-eye coordination is essential.
- Ability and desire to follow instructions of the supervisor.
Education and Qualification:
- Certification in forklift and or motorized pallet jack operation is desired
- High school diploma or equivalency is desired
- Ability to read and write English
- Must be able to lift, pull, push and carry up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Climb ladders and stairs
- Be physically able to operate a fork lift
- Must be able to work in an unheated and non-air-conditioned environment