Basic Function: Responsible for performing routine machine operations according to blueprint specifications and other documentation provided.
• Perform routine repetitive machine operations according to routing sheet and established standards on various machines to include but not limited to drill press, milling machine, broach, turret lathe, grinder, hone, blast cabinet, automatic or semi-automatic drilling machine, CNC lathes and milling machines.
• Follow established company safety procedure.
• With supervision, make simple tool changes and machine adjustments.
• Burr and evaluate parts according to blueprint specifications.
• Inspect parts for conformance to specifications using industry approved methods.
• Assist in shipping operations by cleaning and packing parts.
• Move parts between machines and wash area.
• Maintain production work areas and machines in a clean and safe manner.
• Document daily activity on production ticket.
• Read and understand the routing instructions of assigned jobs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Perform all responsibilities stated above, plus but not limited to operation of CNC lathes and mills, and CMM measuring equipment.
• Make complex tool changes and machine adjustments using hand tools on an on going basis with supervision.
• Apply knowledge of statistical process control to inspect parts.
• Operate and adjust CNC lathes and mills to perform standard and repetitive sequences of operations where programs are proven and setups are completed and maintained. Make tool changes and offset changes
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Prior machine operator experience helpful.
Position Reports To: Precision Department Team Leader
Compensation: $18 + Depending on experience