Remedy Professional Placements is seeking a Sanitation Supervisor. Our client is located in Chantily, Virginia and is in the confectionary manufacturing industry. Join the team at the NEW STATE OF THE ART FACILITY!
The position will oversee and support the cleaning and sanitation duties according to Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures and Master Sanitation Schedule. Carries out specific instructions from Plant GM or designated Quality Manager in accordance with the daily production schedule.
Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within field. Relies on
instructions, pre-established guidelines, experience and judgment to perform the functions of the
job and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks autonomously and with proficiency; Works
under general supervision
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position.
- Oversee the daily duties of staff that include cleaning and sanitizing all production machinery and equipment throughout plant including conveyor belts, screens, filters, kettles, pipes, walls, totes, sanding/ oiling drum, tables, and facility housekeeping including plant exterior, and ensure proper cleaning procedures are followed.
- Assist VP & Manager of Quality teams towards compliance for SQF certification.
- Maintain overall condition of plant ensuring facility is always “audit ready”.
- Handle chemicals used in the process of cleaning and sanitation by following safety pre-caution. Complete the removal and disposal of waste and recycling in an effective manner.
- Daily Administrative duties include reviewing, verifying and approving CIP Charts, Pre-Op/Daily Check List Sheets, and populating Sanitation Schedule & Variance Control Sheets, completing in detail the EOD (end of day) report.
- Able to prioritize cleaning and sanitation duties to support production needs.
- Using ATP bioluminescence device to verify cleaning and sanitation effectiveness.
- Swab lines for testing of cleanliness, allergens and operational quality.
- Troubleshoot root cause of cleaning and sanitation failure, and work on problem solving.
- Supervise and Monitor all employees for safety adherence, PPE compliance, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and plant rules and regulations.
- Observe and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP) Food Safety Plan (HACCP) and Food Quality Plan (FQP);
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Take responsibility for maintaining facility and equipment in a clean and sanitary state.
- Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
- BS in Food Science or related major is preferred.
- 5-10 years related experience and/or training;
- Strong foundation in interpersonal communication concepts, specifically, written, oral, presentation, listening, and facilitation skills;
- Ability to facilitate change, foster innovation and results;
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and develop effective solutions;
- Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods)
- Knowledge of GMP and Quality systems