Remedy Professional Placements is seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor. Our client is located in Chantily, Virginia and is in the confectionary manufacturing industry. Our client is growing and is looking for top talent to join their team to continue to produce quality product.
Provide general leadership and direct supervision to production crew. Ensure that quality standards are maintained, and productivity targets are met. Monitor/manage production performance to include: Efficiency (min 87%), Reliability (min 90%), safety management, cost containment, quality of service, and customer requirements. Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not necessarily limited to, those specifically identified in this description. The position and its essential functions may change over time and these changes may not necessarily be reflected in the position description. The Company may, at its sole discretion, add to, change, or expand the essential or marginal functions of this position.
- Oversee and direct the planning and execution of daily production activity.
- Ensure any changes in processes and procedures are properly implemented.
- Direct and manage the operations to improve performance through continuous improvement methodology and problem analysis to reduce unscheduled downtime, minor equipment stops, breakdowns, process upsets, material quality losses.
- Analyze, report and complete daily production reports, gap analysis, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilize data to facilitate the timely, accurate interpretation, and reporting of performance, quality, and safety data.
- Schedule, train, and mentor crew so that they can produce at maximum efficiency.
- Ensure adequate staffing, direction and corrective action.
- Direct employees in proper safety procedures and identify/eliminate avoidable accidents.
- Facilitate project work and assure successful project implementation and completion within the parameters set forth.
- Serve as a training resource for operations crew regarding skills, safety, and plant process/flow.
- Support, participate in, and meet the Company overall Objectives, Goals, Strategies, and Measures (OGSM).
- Track, report, and post efficiency and reliability performance of each machine.
- Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the sanitation process of equipment and facility.
- Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards.
- Five (5) years experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical/problem solving/process improvement skills.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-through to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to build trust, provide direction, and execute with excellence.
- Strong foundation in interpersonal communication concepts, specifically; written, oral, presentation, listening, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to facilitate change, foster innovation and results.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and develop effective solutions.
- Knowledge of machinery operations and equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.