Remedy Staffing is hiring CDL Class A Drivers for a well-known heating and air-conditioning manufacturer in Avon, NY!
Summary: A driver's responsibility includes transporting materials and goods from the manufacturer to other destinations such as warehouses, retail outlets, etc. Driving the vehicle is the main responsibility of a commercial truck driver, but the driver may need to load and unload cargo. Long-haul drivers must maintain an ELD (Electronic Logging Device) of their driving times and hours of service (HOS) to ensure compliance with federal regulations. Keep truck clean inside and out at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transporting finished product to and from manufacturing plants and retail distributors
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Ensure cargo is secure
- Maintain an ELD – Electronic Logging Device to log driving time, rest periods, and ensure that you do not go over your hours
- Perform Pre-Trip and Post –Trip Inspections
- Report defects, accidents, and violations
- As needed load and unload cargo
- Comply with Company safety rules and Federal Motor Carrier Regulations
Apply today at remedystaffing.com or call 585-226-6090 with any questions.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have valid CDL Class A driver’s license
- Ability to drive long hours
- Must have knowledge of applicable commercial driving rules and regulations
- Must not have any recent moving or driving violations
- Must be able to adapt to unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc. )
- Work as a team member
Education and Qualification
- High school diploma or equivalency is desired
- Trucking school diploma
- Must meet the DOT medical requirements
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend, lift, twist, reach, and grasp as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.