Remedy Staffing in now hiring for CNC Programmers and Machinist
Location: Virginia Beach
Pay: $60k- 80k, Based on Experience
- Reads and interprets blueprints. Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Create product blueprints and drawings with detailed GD&T specifications for products and tooling designs.
- Ability to write and edit programs manually.
- Write programs using a CAM software on a computer based off of specifications from Engineer Department. Program new jobs via CAM software.
- Setup and operate CNC Mills and CNC Lathes: Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines as outlined in setup sheets. Recognizes, deploys, and properly uses inserts, fixtures, and tooling. Uses gauges and precision measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements. Drilling, boring, tapping, broaching, keyways, threading and grinding.
- Maintain strict tolerances of within .0005 plus or minus.
- Works with and assists Engineer Department with first run of parts and prototypes. Set up and run prototype parts on CNC machines.
- Plan machine operations and production goals, accounting for work orders, materials on hand, specifications and machining parameters.
- Performs QA on first part and then periodically during run using calipers, height gauge, micrometers, depth gauges and gauge pins.
- Effective utilization of speeds and feeds to get the max life from tools while making quality parts.
- Supervise, train and assign work schedules to employees.
- Detect defects and checks for adherence to blueprint specifications. Reports defective materials, tooling, equipment or questionable conditions to management.
- Correct mistakes immediately and takes measures to prevent it from happening again in the future.
- Closely monitor machines to prevent malfunctions or waste.
- Works with Procurement Management for supplies and logistics. Keeps track of material and supply inventories. Replacement tools, parts and equipment.
- Prepares production report, including tracking resources and expenses.
- Using Macro’s to set alarms on CNC machines.
- Ability to design jigs, fixtures, multi-part holdings and templates to assist with production efficiency.
- Learn and use established practices, manual instructions and improve on them for subsequent operations to maximize department efficiency and productivity.
- Evaluates experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Learn, understand, and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to preventative maintenance, safety procedure requirements and over all cleanliness.
- Make routine repair on machines using manual or past knowledge through experience.
- Performs all assigned machine shop operations.
- 3D Printing when needed.
- Implement and maintain 5S techniques.
Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply