Our client in Salt Lake City, UT is searching for a skilled Freight/Shipping Clerk. This is a 1st shift Temp-to-Hire opportunity! Apply now for immediate consideration!
Shift: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Mon-Fri
Requirements for Freight/Shipping Clerk
- This job is located in the Freight Forwarding industry within the Shipping and Logistics Sector
- Handles customer service and supports the key account manager and team members in the facilitation and the transportation of merchandise worldwide
- The clerk ensures all documentation is in order for exportation of shipments
- Assist in making payments to overseas agents for transportation and customs services as well as the tracking of international shipments
- Communicate status updates to the customer and team mates, and record updates in the system
- Responsible for entering data in the shipment database and archiving documentation and emails in the database
- Responsible for providing documentation to customs and overseas agents as needed and will resolve problems and setbacks in the freight movement working closely with the key account manager
- Expected to have an understanding of Microsoft office systems, teamwork and timeliness of reply in a fast paced, fast moving environment
- Data entry, handle basic accounting
- Detailed orientated
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Get paid weekly
- Free online skill-building courses
Apply now for our Freight/Shipping Clerk Position!
Members of Military and Veterans are encouraged to apply!