Elmira, NY area
The Welder position is responsible for the programming, set-up and operation of a robotic welder, Bancroft welder, and related equipment to perform cutting and welding functions.
Principle Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• Handles metal parts with precision and accuracy while inspecting for imperfections or defects.
• Wears personal protective equipment as required by company policy and OSHA standards.
• Sets-up and operates automatic welding machine to weld together parts of fabricated metal products.
• Sets-up and operates Bancroft automatic weld around.
• Makes program changes to equipment as authorized by Engineering.
• Visually examines welds for adherence to blueprints, layouts, and welding procedures.
• Takes appropriate setup and in process inspection pieces to the lab for weld verification.
• Uses hand tools and hand welder for purposes of finishing designated operation.
• Performs required inspection duties to ensure parts conform to specifications.
• Watches operating equipment to detect any malfunctions.
• Maintains records and histories.
• Maintains the cleanliness and housekeeping responsibilities for the equipment and work area.
• Performs any other reasonable assignment of duties relative to this position.
• Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping of work area.
• Performs routine preventative maintenance, as necessary.
• Performs other duties/ tasks as directed by supervision or management.