Remedy Professional Placement is seeking a motivated, driven Packaging Engineer for our innovative manufacturing client in Norfolk, VA. The successful candidate will be a person with a degree in packaging engineering, industrial, or equivalent engineering degree that is looking for a hands-on engineering career opportunity with an innovative, growing company. If you have experience with small machines, mechanical and electrical aptitude, this could be a great career opportunity for you.
You will be a packaging developer in support of innovation, cost savings, and base business continuity projects. This will include responsibility for managing the design, development, and engineering process for the creation of new packaging systems.
Working directly with Research and Development, Engineering, and Management, your assignments would be the following:
- Work with R&D in package development projects to meet customer specifications and objectives.
- Work with Regulatory Affairs and Engineering in the testing and evaluation of packaging to ensure compliance
- Work with Engineering to translate R&D models into full production products
- Collaborate with internal departments to implement procedures for qualifying new package designs
- Maintain design master files and supporting documentation
- Develop processes for streamlining and improving production
- Understands quality systems, document management systems, and change control systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, with preference to Packaging Engineering
- 2+ years of packaging related experience, previous experience with high-performance films preferred
- Functional knowledge of packaging materials, converting technology, and packaging operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate through past experience an attention to detail while performing complex tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team-oriented and goal-oriented with the ability to self-direct and self motivate
- Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Comfortable working on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing procedures and processes.
If you have a hands-on engineering style and want to make a difference in a growing company, apply now.