Remedy is looking for additional Technical Writers for a manufacturing company in Tonawanda!
A Shift-Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:00PM
$20.00-$25.00 Per Hour
Technical Writer The Technical Writer will work alongside manufacturing associates, engineers and other technical writers to document the fine details of manufacturing processes and equipment operations and is familiar with technical writing and can quickly capture information with notes, recordings, and photographs. Once captured, the Technical writer can transform this information into clear Manufacturing Instructions (MIs), visual aids, training checklists, and maintenance instructions. The ideal candidate takes pride in their hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills, and must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Composing instructional documents on factory topics.
- Moving step-by-step through factory positions with associates, engineers and others taking notes and photographs for new documentation along the way.
- Editing and rewriting drafts after review by on-the-job or other technical experts for accuracy.
- Using Microsoft products to compose documents, adhering to consistent style and formatting defined by detailed templates.
- Graphically communicating concepts such as safety (safe work practices), use of technical specifications or checks, motion, action and direction using arrows, symbols and text in Excel or Word.
- Promptly and clearly escalating issues and questions verbally and/or via email during documentation drafting.
- AA/AS Degree in technical writing, engineering, drafting, or related field; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 1- 3 years pertinent experience.
- Experience creating technical specifications for manufacturing
- Experience reading and interpreting mechanical drawings or existing work instructions
- Ability to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
Apply now for immediate consideration!