1st shift Automotive Design Engineer position available in Laurens, SC.
For Immediate consideration email resume to email@example.com
Communicates information among several departments (Sales, Prototype, Production) to ensure good Customer Relations and timely delivery of products Designs new or modified racks, pallets, and/or bins to meet customer specifications using automated design software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CATIA, etc.) Coordinates design requests, changes, and scheduling of Prototype production with Assistant Manager, Prototype Prepares bills of material (BOMs) for both, Prototype and Production request
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of design processes including:
- Analyze plans and details for estimating purposes
- Coordinating & Assembling of engineered submittal packages for distribution
- Creating parts and components for the CAD Library
- Must be able to read blue prints
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- High proficiency using computers/tablets/smartphones
- Strong logic and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to keep production schedule and project management schedules
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the company
- Experienced AutoCAD 2D drafting and Architectural details and basic 3D
- Strong communication skills able to communicate well in English
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Maintains active awareness of the production schedule for responsible task(s).
- Review of completed tasks at key intervals for accuracy/completeness.