Please submit your resume to Chsrecruiters@remedystaff.com include Sawmill tech in the subject line.
Pay rate: 13.30
Shift: Rotating Shift – 2 weeks on days 6am-2:45pm (could change to 6am to 3:45pm), then 2 weeks on nights 3:45pm 12:30am (could change to 4:45pm to 2:30am)
Sawmill Technician – Summerville, SC
The opportunity: As a Sawmill Technician, you will be responsible for various jobs in the Sawmill. You will contribute to the team by utilizing your experience to work on jobs such as Edger, Chip-n-Saw, Merchandiser, De-barker, Un-scrambler, Lug Loader, Sorter, etc. Successful technicians will be motivated with a commitment to safety excellence.
• Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
• Proficiently operate Planer Mill machines and equipment
• Keep the work area clean throughout the shift and at the end of shift
• Assist other team members, as needed
• Performing basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues.
What you need to succeed:
• At least 6 months of previous work experience in a Sawmill or other manufacturing or industrial experience.
• Prior experience in positions such as Edger, Chip-n-Saw, Merchandiser, De-barker, Un-scrambler, Lug Loader, Sorter, etc. preferred.
• Work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
• Work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
• Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
• Team player that enjoys working in a manufacturing team environment and learning multiple operations Education
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
If you are ins