The Production Supervisor is responsible for implementing and driving change in a high volume, fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment. Reports directly to unit manager. Interacts daily with department supervisors/leaders in Operations, Quality, Human Resources, Finance, Materials, Engineering, and Continuous Improvement office.
- Responsible for overall performance of assigned work group, including safety, quality, cost and output schedule performance.
- Identify opportunities for improvement; implement improvement plans.
- Proactive support of plantwide safety program, including ongoing maintenance of a safe working environment for employees.
- Actively support plant programs and goals – In particular with Units per man hours, Recordable incidents, Overtime budgets, customer availability, etc.
- Lead daily problem-solving activities within teams for process improvements.
- Develop department budgets and ensure they are to plan.
- Coordinate with other functional areas to ensure accomplishment of overall plant objectives.
- Provide for effective associate relations within manufacturing by ensuring that employment practices are fair and consistent. Ensure adherence to standard work, including plant work rules.
- Implement plantwide communication plans and initiatives with employees in area of responsibility. Serve as primary communication vehicle between leadership team and production employees.
- During non-peak season, will perform additional industrial projects (i.e. standard work, process improvements, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience. Internship/Co-Op experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must be self-motivated, results and action oriented.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Must possess sound interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience as a change agent in an organization
- In-depth knowledge of lean manufacturing principles (Toyota Production Systems) preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to work all shifts
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office suite
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to implement change to support plant vision
- Principle-centered leadership; high level of integrity and ethics
- Experience in a union environment preferred