Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
The incumbent in this position must be productive under tight timeframes, balance multiple and competing priorities and maintain goal-directed behavior and performance sometimes under stressful conditions. Applicants with professional experience in early learning positions utilizing management and organizational skills are preferred.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Preparing outreach materials, progress reports and other materials regarding the impact of the PDG across the region to inform the Advisory Council and other stakeholders regarding progress and impact of the grant.
- Providing professional early learning programmatic expertise and aid in development of project plans and monitoring the progress of activities related to federal grants.
- Monitoring the programmatic delivery and impact of all contracted services by reviewing available data such as: deliverables, quarterly reports, monthly reimbursement requests, statistical data on key program indicators, corrective action plans and audit or management letters.
- Drafting and preparing grant documents including development of statements of work, minimum performance standards and deliverables, amendments, renewals, and extensions for all assigned contracts.
- Participating in the development, evaluation and review of contract proposals by leadership and other parties as needed.
- Negotiating, monitoring and evaluating the early learning programmatic implementation of assigned contracts within the department.
- Assisting in the coordination of statewide meetings by preparing materials, conducting logistical arrangements and developing meeting materials for the Advisory Council.
- Conducting federal grant management tasks by tracking grant efforts and expenditures, preparing progress reports and required grant reporting.
- Providing information and technical assistance to grantees and contractors for the smooth implementation and production of deliverables and reports.
- Conducting quality assurance activities, including programmatic monitoring; develop appropriate monitoring strategies for assigned contracts.
Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for the position:
- Strong organization skills
- Communication skills including written, verbal and computer;
- Knowledge of appropriate grammatical and writing skills;
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in technology and software programs
- Ability to collect, evaluate, and analyze data;
- Ability to solve problems and develop alternative recommendations;
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments;
- Ability to synthesize information and convert to concise descriptions and formats;
- Ability to design and implement appropriate intervention strategies in the implementation of projects;
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with other community agencies, organizations to maximize efforts and avoid duplicative services;
- Ability to train adult learners;
- Exemplify strong analytical skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.