Remedy Professional Placement is actively seeking a Medical Office Coordinator for our client in Norfolk, If you have experience managing a small staff in a medical or mental health practice, have billing experience and are looking for a long term career opportunity, this could a great fit for you.
Position Summary The Medical Office Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of a psychotherapy practice with 8 therapists. Manages 1-2 front desk staff members and manages the daily operations, billing, reimbursements and scheduling. Promotes a positive and supporting environment for staff, patients, and providers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees daily office operations and delegates as needed.
- Responsible for providing overall leadership, administration and performance of all aspects of the practice to ensure accomplishment of its objectives and goals.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary.
- Create an atmosphere of team building for the site and set a professional example for staff.
- Responsible training front desk staff
- Responsible for accounts payable and oversee billing as well as delinquent claims
- Responsible for resolving patient complaints and customer service issues.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical billing and reimbursements
- Ability to follow up on claims
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology, and reimbursement policies.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure to answer correspondence and prepare reports.
- Skill in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising.
- Skill in operating a variety of office equipment and computer programs.
- Ability to work scheduled hours as defined in the job offer.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, public effectively.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Associates degree or college degree preferred
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in a medical office setting.
- Experience with prior EHR systems required.