High tech instrumentation company is looking for a highy skilled service technician!
POSITION PURPOSE: The Service Support Technician II will perform in-house servicing, repair and/or installation of company Products.
POSITION DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Using established procedures, diagnose, test, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures at a modular level.
- Determine most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
- Preparation of a detailed and properly formatted technical description and analysis of the unit’s failures.
- Preparation of a list of necessary replacement parts that are required to complete the repair and/or upgrades using Service Bulletins as required.
- Performing part searches in Omnify for valid part numbers.
- Preparation of a written detailed description of necessary repairs for assemblers.
- Preparation of a repair cost including Service Bulletins and Accessories.
- Oracle updates; Evaluation, Repair instruction, Parts List, Quality data and other.
- Produce a final test record or any other records as required.
- Inspect and/or perform assembly work for repairs when necessary
- Use mechanical and electrical sheet metal hand and power tools when required.
- Train other Technicians
- Prepare reports for analysis of product failure trends and serviceability issues.
- Other projects, tasks and jobs as assigned.