Test Technician needed for a local manufacturer of global position and navigation equipment!
What you'll be doing as a Test Technician:
As a Test Technician you will be responsible for for the execution of functional tests and programming for all of our products on the production floor. You'll be working with a close knit team to perform test procedures to ensure specifications are met and troubleshoot to determine root cause and repair.
- Perform factory test procedure on all new products to verify it meets required specifciations
- Record results on a test data sheet or log form
- Record test results in test database
- Complete required movements of product on work orders in our ERP system
- Perform burn in and system tests to qualify unit operation
- Troubleshoot, determine root cause, repair and document all failed product using required tools and systems
- Identify and communicate design issues or software problems to Product Development
- Assist Customer Support as requested
- Provide feedback for improvements of test processes
- Provide assistance to Production by answering questions and problem solving
- Build test fixtures to simplify testing and increase productivity
- Additional duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements:
Associates Degree in an electronics based curriculum, military training or other formal technical training in lieu of degree.
Minimum 4 years electronics test experience or equivalent
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Requirements:
- Experience with oscilloscopes, frequency counters, DMM's ,signal generators, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient with PCB CAD viewer and schematic software
- Familiarity with ISO procedures and following work instructions
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Familiarity with quality standards outlined in IPC-A-610
- Experience with soldering on both thru-hole and surface mount components
- Strong knowledge of analog/digital circuitry, microprocessors, computers, networking, and radio frequency preferred
- Able to use ERP system to complete tasks as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to have fun and work with an amazing team!