Production Bakery Associate
Full-Time / 2nd shift/ Monday - Sunday 2 PM – 11 PM
We are currently searching for experienced production or food service works for an Industrial Bakery position at a Production Bakery in East fort Myers. This is a full-time position with mandatory overtime Monday – Sunday (individuals must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays when needed) from 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM. Production Bakery Associates are typically responsible for the flowing activities, on a rotational basis.
- Remove defective product pieces and space unfinished baked goods onto boards to prevent them from baking together.
- Perform daily divider clean-ups by removing excess dough from dividers, formers, floor.
- Sort and orient product top side up on the slicer, feed conveyor.
- Monitor and report defective product in this work area. Maintain control of slicing process and make adjustments as required.
- Monitor board return conveyor and remove baked goods / product to avoid jams at the accumulator / proofers.
- Relieve other employees for breaks, as needed, and assist Bakery Operator when required.
- Collect and track waste in bakery production area. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion, following all guidelines on the Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible for housekeeping in work area and wet and dry-clean of Bakery.
- May perform other duties when required by Team Leader.
- Follow Safety Guidelines in accordance with Safe Practices and Job Safety Analysis. Participates in the Work Safe Process.
- Responsible for adhering to FSQ guidelines, and supporting the overall QRMP process.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, bend, and push board carts.
- Ability to follow directions and understand basic job procedures.
- One or more years of production or food service experience.
- Ability to work in a warm and cold environment
- Ability to rotate through all positions in the Bakery.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to stand, walk for an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to work Monday through Saturday, and overtime, as necessary.
- Ability to work in a cold environment, 40-45 (usually closet to) degrees F, on an as needed basis.
- A reasonable amount of care must be taken while performing each task to avoid equipment damage and equipment downtime.
- Person must be able to work Saturdays and Sundays when needed.
- This position is at a location that requires all associates complete a background check and drug screening prior to start.